Woven Polypropylene Bags are also known as poly bags or pp bags, are used for many purposes including feed, corn, birdseed, and pecans. These bags are made from a plastic known as polypropylene making them very durable. They have many advantages and are widely used in agriculture and other areas.
Advantages of Woven PP Bags
There are many advantages of polypropylene woven bags. This is why they are used for many different things you use in your daily life. Some advantages include:
- Do not degrade when wet
- Naturally resistant to tearing
- Can be printed on both sides
- Allow contents to air dry
- Accommodate bulk items easily
- Can be laminated as a vapor and moisture barrier
- Stronger than plastic bags
- Available in different sizes and colors
How Woven PP Bags are Used
Woven poly bags are used for so many things because of the advantages that have over other types of bags. You may not even realize how common these types of bags are. Grocery stores, as well as farmers, use these types of bags daily in their operations.
These are some of the ways they are used in the business world:
- Agricultural product packaging- The bags are largely used in storing and transporting agricultural products such as feeds, fruits, and vegetables. They can also be used for chemicals and fertilizer.
- Food packaging- Woven PP bags are growing in use for foods. They can store rice, flour, and maize as well as other dry goods.
- Geotechnical engineering- One of the uses most people would not think of are that pol bags can be used in the construction of irrigation works, roads, railways, ports, mines, building, and more. They have the function to drain and filter so they are a popular geosynthetics.
- Privacy Screens- Another use of woven poly bags is privacy screens. The bags can be used to make temporary tents, sunshades, bags and fences and screens.
- Pet Food- Many types of pet food are packaged in poly bags. this includes cat and dog food as well as some cat litter.
Types of Woven PP Bags
There are several variations to woven pp bags. They are generally available in flat-form (pillow shape) tucket bottom or gusseted (brick-shape)bags. They can be open moth hemmed top which can eliminate fraying and can provide reinforcement for nag closing.
They can have a single fold and chain-stitched bottom seam or they can have heat cut tops, doubling folding, and twice sewn bottoms. Woven pp bags come in many different sizes in each type offered.
If you are packaging items and shipping them, or even buying items at the store to transport home you want to make sure they are packaged securely. You do not want any tears, rips, or breaks in transport. Poly Bags are woven for added strength and durability. They are tough and strong and can get the job done very easily. Have confidence in your bag, use woven polypropylene bags. You can contact us to learn more.